Thursday, June 25, 2009

I was reading a recent post on the party of five blog and couldn't believe what I read! Fellow Haitian boys (home from Haiti since they were 8 months old) Kyle and Owen who just turned five in May went to the doctor for their annual well check. Kyle is 3'10" and 52 lbs. & Owen is 3'11.5" and 50 lbs. That puts these boys over the 95 percentile on the growth charts!

Our handsome boy who was 5 1/2 when we last saw him in April, stood only 3 ft. 7" and weighed in at just 33 lbs. This puts him at the barely 5th percentile.

I know the twins have been with their family for 4 years, with good nutrition, health care and tons of love, but wow they are huge in comparison! I sure hope home cooked meals, Dr. Aiken's attention and loads of love can give Morelson a much needed boost in growth!

It will most likely be amazing to see the transformation that first year I am sure. I've complained about buying too much for him w/ the thought that he'll out grow it all before he can wear it. I now hope my fears come true! Let's get you here and put some meat on those boys small fry!

We are thinking about you baby, you had two friends come home to Texas today. Their mom just posted on how amazing it is to see them sleeping in their beds. Just the thought of seeing you here in your bed, is so incredibly warming to me! It's those thoughts that continue to carry us through. I hope you enjoyed your recent care package, maybe we'll get a picture of you receiving it. I know how wonderful you are at sharing, I'm hoping that you left some of those cashews for your own tummy!

2 comments:

  1. At age 6.5 my little one is 38 lbs, and in the 5th percentile, but my pediatrician is not worried. My older girl is a picky eater and I've worried about that, but she has stayed one size for the whole 2 years she was in the O, and right now she is GROWING out of it, and she really does not eat that much. Still, it must be more, or better, or both. 'Cause she is about to graduate a size.

    I'm hoping to hear soon that you have graduated from IBESR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Your package was given to Marie. The kids were brought to us at the hotel and we never left the hotel. I was hoping to get pictures of all the kids but it just never happened with Marie getting sick.

    ReplyDelete