Sunday, June 21, 2009











Dear Dad,

It was truly a joy spending a few days with you this week. I can't believe that we have allowed so much time to go by. There just isn't an excuse good enough for that. So much has happened through the years & losing mom was so difficult on us all in very different ways. I think so often of all the things I wish I could tell her, show here, share with her even after all of these years. My heart is overwhelmingly heavy when I think of her never seeing any of the kids. Not knowing how much Brielle looks like her, or how Lacey would love to hear her sing or how Tyler would appreciate her gentle gestures of kindness. How much I would love to have her look at the pictures of Haiti with us and listen to our stories of our visits with Morelson.

But dad; we have you and are so thankful for that. The memories you hold onto and share with such pride are worth mountains to us. We love you, enjoy you, appreciate you and look so forward to never allowing this crazy amount of time to build between us. Happy Father's Day Dad! Don't change we really do like: the never ending stories, the infectious laugh, your inability to say the letter "r," the fact that you are insanely technologically challenged, your love of baseball and respect for hard work.

But most importantly, the piece of you that I cherish most is the immense love and sincere wishes of hope and success I see you carry in your heart for all of us!! That is what matters dad, and that is what you have!

WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment